Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I am very happy...


today. The heating has been repaired, so I am blasting myself like a hot house flower. The cats are lying around panting and looking dishevelled. The phone is unplugged, I am eating a bacon and sausage sandwich with brown sauce and pepper and drinking hot coffee. Fantastic.
The major project I almost killed myself doing the week before- that saw me working most of a weekend!- has paid off and the nice people sent me a nice fat cheque, which I am nicely drooling over right this second. I have it placed by my computer so that I can smile fondly at it every other minute. Later it will be in the bank, but for now I just want to stare at it for a while, maybe give it a lttle kiss now and then.
They- the people- have emailed this very nice morning to say they have a new job for me, starting tomorrow, which will take up a few weeks of my time. This is very good news to a self employed hussy like myself. I am beaming as I type.
I'm thinking new jeans would be delightful as a celebration. But I am going to wait, the Paramour owes me one hundred Euros for losing a bet and I intend to collect. He is good looking but daft for betting actual money against someone like myself. I have an excellent memory for conversation and remember exactly who said what and to whom. He agrees that it was folly, accepts that he was wrong-after checking first- and has assured me that he will hand over five crisp twenties with good grace. Which I will accept with good grace and not a drop of nah-nah-ni-nah-nah-ism.
So all in all a lovely Tuesday. How are you lot doing?

14 Comments:

Blogger the anti-barney said...

Delighted for you Fmc.,enjoy it.Good days are few and far between.

12:21 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Thanks B, it is ridiculous really, I swear I am actually giddy.

12:30 p.m.  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

How are we lot doing?

Not as good as that obviously.
Right now it's difficult to say what would be best.
lolling cosy with the purring cats,
winning a bet,
receiving a cheque,
a ham and sausage piece with brown sauce,
or actually finishing something.
That's it.
Got to be.
The ham and sausage piece every time.

12:31 p.m.  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I'm starving now.

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

Is there a famine in Scotchland, Maroon?

12:37 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

There is nothing better than a bacon and sausage sarnie, it is tops. Well beans on toast with grated cheese over it and a decent smattering of white pepper is also and excellent choice for a munchie.
Are you feeling better Doc? Ignore Twenty, his balls are crusty.

12:41 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

Enormous and crusty, thank you.

12:56 p.m.  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

I suppose old crusty balls is right. He musta been lurking ready to pounce.
I didn't mean to offend. I won't bore you with my lineage back to 1840, or is the old beast pulling my chain?

At anyrate, feet up and bask in the afterglow of a job well done!

12:57 p.m.  
Blogger SheBah said...

WHITE pepper, FMC? I wouldn't have had you down as a white pepper girl! Black and aromatic, neh?

2:37 p.m.  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

I used to be a Worcester sauce man when it came to beans on toast but I've recently switched to HP sauce, with gratifying results. As regards bacon and sausage sandwiches (with white bread, mind), I find a little grilled tomato complements the pepper most excellently.

Havana good week myself, even though I turned 18 for the second time round yesterday. Thanks for asking.

2:53 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sexy- I used to hate it, but gradually over the years I have developed a complex dependency on it. I like black pepper with pasta and chicken, but on a sambo, white is right!
Foot Eater, 1st happy birthday, kisses.
2nd- I too am a HP lover. But the best sambo ever is a fillet of chicken, diced, cooked with chunks of red pepper in a small amount of olive oil, tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, freshly grated ginger and black pepper. Pour into freshly sliced open baguette thinly spread with mayonaisse. Spicy, yet divine.

5:41 p.m.  
Blogger the anti-barney said...

Yis know nuthin,a fried egg sandwich is yer only man.

7:23 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

White pudding spread on brown bread is yummy too.

8:00 p.m.  
Blogger mmjiaxin said...

yeezy boost
cheap basketball shoes
nike roshe run
timberland outlet
fitflops sale clearance
fitflop shoes
skechers outlet
roshe shoes
adidas superstar shoes
kobe shoes
gg

4:33 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home