Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Contrite-shite

OOhh, I love it, I just love it.

"Christie Brinkley's estranged husband has been silent about recent reports that he had an affair with an 18-year-old employee while married to the supermodel. Now his reportedly desperate apology is receiving a very public airing.

"This is an aberration," Peter Cook, 47, said through a lawyer, according to a column by Cindy Adams published today in the New York Post. "I'm sorry. I'm contrite. I'm stupid. Foolish. No excuse."

Adams wrote that Cook's words were provided to her by his attorney, Norman Sheresky.

"I love my wife. ... For a lifetime I've tried to prove how much I love her," Cook said, according to the article.

Sheresky said Cook, the model's fourth husband, is hoping for a reconciliation with Brinkley, 52. He defended Cook as a "man who loves his wife and who lives for his children."

Loves his wife, lives to prove his love, lives for his children, but has been banging the eighteen year Diana Bianchi for a year.
This man got up every day knowing he was cheating on his wife -FOR A YEAR. He probably kissed Christie, slept with her, went shopping with her, held her hand, went to diner, went on holidays together. He probably told her he loved her, patted her on the arse when walking past her in the kitchen, made her coffee, kissed the top of her head with affection, read in bed together, worried about the kids, made vet appointments, laughed with her, loved and was loved by her.
If I was Christie Brinkley I would be questioning every moment of my life for the last year. This was not an aberration, this was not a one-night stand, a moment of madness. This man had a realtionship for a year. He was able to live and lie so expertly that Christie-his wife, a smart lady- never twigged or sensed he had a second life.
For that I would never forgive him.

6 Comments:

Blogger SheBah said...

I am always suspicious of men who are so verbal about their feelings. It all sounds too practised (and certainly was, in this case) The average trustworthy male finds it hard to express emotions verbally. "Do you love me"? "Course I bloody do, why else would I be here"!

3:33 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Now THERE'S something Shebah and I agree on. Knew there had to be something.

It's the "sensitive, emotionally open types" I never trust.
Give me a man who only cries when his team loses (or wins) a championship.

3:38 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

You ladies are bang on. I like a manly man, myself. A no bullshit straight up, testosterone driven, sport playing, pull a chair out for a lady man. A guy you cnaq ask, 'What are you thinking of? 'And he can honestly say, 'Nothing.' And mean it.
Years ago( in my miss-spent youth) I went out with a knob who liked to play 'emotional roulette.' He slept with one of my so called friends in college and then tried to blame me for the act. 'You weren't interested in the real me' he cried. 'I only slept with her to get to you.'and the real clinker, 'You never loved me, that's why I needed to FEEl wanted.'
What a stupid fucking knob head. We were twenty-two.

7:40 p.m.  
Blogger Dr Maroon said...

FMC, there's no two ways about it. I am head over heels with you.

Name the place and time. I've held back long enough, it's just a pity my outpouring came in this post.
Ironic really.
Never mind that, come with me.

Love,

Ack. xxx

11:10 p.m.  
Blogger Jae Arronson said...

That shit head. If CB even THINKS of taking him back, any respect I might have for her is GONE. Dump that dumbass SOB and move ON, Christie!

And FMC, that fucker you were dating - good riddance to him. But at least you had an excuse - being only twenty-two.

1:06 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Even at twenty-two I knew an knob when I saw one.

11:09 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home