Wednesday, March 14, 2007

You're F***ing Welcome!

What a shower of bad mannered oiks they are round these parts. I took the car, drove off to the supermarket, called into the flower shop to pick up some tulips, and as I was coming out an old lady was coming in, so naturally I held the door open for her. She sailed past me without as much as a 'thanks'.
Shaking my head slightly as the rudeness I criss crossed the carpark, got into my car. The man who was parked beside me and who drove off as I was approaching had emptied his entire ashtray out the driver's door, the ground was littered in crushed butts and ash and bits of plastic. There was a bin not twenty-feet away.
I got into my car pulled out, I drove to the top of my lane and was about to turn left when I spied another car coming, so I waited for them to pull in, and what did they do, jam up the yellow box in the middle of the road preventing me making my turn (the driver-a woman steadfastly refused to even look my way)
Muttering furiously I drove home, parked up and went to close the gates only to discover someone else had let their dog shit all over the path directly in front of my house.
People are annoying, lazy, filthy, rude bastards, they really are. I'm going for a run.

Labels: , ,

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mind the swans.

11:44 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FMC - you sound a bit stressed - anything you wanna tell us?

12:08 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

It's true, people suck.

My morning's commute was a nightmare, and it was entirely due to the fact that ALL the other commuters on my route were complete and utter fuckwits.

1:17 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I just really hate it when people are rude and thoughtless. How hard would it have been for that old woman to have said thank you, or even a nod?
I could just be having one of those days too. Perhaps new shoes might be the answer.
Poor old Andraste, I thought you're new home was closer to where you work?

1:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Andraste - people suck. Hope the run gets you in better mood.

1:32 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I wonder if my brain might be on some kind of strike. You're =your. le Sigh.
I don't even have to commute, I'd imagine if I did my disposition would be much murkier.

2:15 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel like this almost every day of the week.

Simple politness and civility costs nothing, yet it is increasingly hard to come by.

At least people here in Brussels tend to say thank you and please a little more often than Ireland.

But the drivers here? And the way driving is taught? Is terrifying.

And dog owners? Especially little old ladies. It seems it's their right to let their little chou-chou shit anywhere they want. And if anyone dares say anything to them, you'll have the police at YOUR door.

3:55 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

For some reason the Jervis St M&S is particularly bad for ignorant little old lady fuckers. That doesn't sound good. I don't mean people who fuck little old ladies.

But those lols do seem to have something of a monoploly on rudeness. Perhaps you girls get to a certain age and come to the decision that you've done your bit and now the world owes you it's undying servitude.

I shout 'You're welcome!' In my cheeriest voice. They always look abashed. Sometimes they even say sorry.

Probably I wouldn't have to deal with this so much if i didn't hold so many doors open for people.

4:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I expect the little old ladies are extremely pissed off to see you with your young slim ankles, flashing stilettos and flowing hair buzz by at speed, when they are crawling along in their carpet slippers, gammy knees and elasticated pants! When I am old, I intend to be crabby, self absorbed and seriously pissed off at everybody! Ha Ha!

5:21 p.m.  
Blogger The Hangar Queen said...

I'd take comfort in knowing that the Coffin Dodgers won't be around much longer to be rude to anyone.
Hey..that made me smile....awww happy thought.

5:28 p.m.  
Blogger Boliath said...

So did you go to the chemist?

Womb watchers - hah that's a good one.

My womb is protruding quite frighteningly at the moment I have no choice but to watch it and drop food on it.

5:32 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I shout 'You're welcome!' In my cheeriest voice. They always look abashed. Sometimes they even say sorry.

I've done this! It takes the hardiest git not to at least look a bit sheepish/startled.

I saw some yoke throw his bus ticket card thing on the ground, and returned it to him with a cheery "I think you dropped your ticket". Sheepish redness ensued.

9:37 p.m.  
Blogger Foot Eater said...

What do you drive, FMC? I'm asking because I'm a fella and I like car stuff and shit.

1:44 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

ford mondeo. g'night!

2:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home