Monday, May 14, 2007

A musical Monday with Ray LaMontagne.




Through no choice and no fault of my own I was slowly saturated with the music of Ray LaMontagne, I could not escape him, the Paramour insisted on playing him while he cooked, I would hear him sing his soul laden tunes in the shower, it was relentless. Then one day, as I was returning from a shoe shopping trip or other, I found myself singing Jolene in the car, and then I realised it. I was a god damned Ray LaMontagne convert.
So, bearing that in mind, here, you lot listen, see if you don't end up humming his bloody music when you least expect it.
He's got a new album out too, Till the Sun Turns Black. You should buy it.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Student said...

Ah crap! I have been singing this song for days! In a receptive mood.

3:44 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Sorry, but I'm VELLY glad to hear that. I don't see why I should have to be the only one going about singing his tunes non stop. I"ve been working all morning wearing my bloody ipod because the moment I stop listening to other music this kicks straight back in.
It's relentless.

3:51 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Hmm. I don't have anything by him but might have to look into that. He has a lovely sexy-looking throat and neck. I'm a sucker for a nice throat.

7:11 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

He's a very very painfully shy man too, a complete anomaly in the world of music. I don't know what that has to do with his throat, but it makes me like him more.

7:14 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Nah, I use his last cd as a coaster now. Two listens, thats all i could bear. Try master and servant by Bonnie Prince Billy. Beautiful album

10:05 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

Eh thats Master and Everyone, whoops not and servant. That was Depeche mode.

10:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha Manuel, I know the BPB you speak of, but that made me laugh!

10:08 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

"they call it master and servant!' Sheet, I'll be singing that all evening now. I do love the Mode so.

11:06 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ray LaMontagne is good but the new Tori Amos CD "American Doll Posse" has been stuck on heavy rotation since I bought it last week

5:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Saw him at a small venue in Amsterdam about a year and a half ago. He was amazing - even better live than recorded. He was incredibly shy and seemed so uncomfortable to be in the limelight - didn't take anything away from it though. Wonderful evening. Oh and he signed my cd afterwards!

7:09 a.m.  
Blogger Student said...

Don't mind too much now. It's certainly grown on me. I'm weak minded, "these aren't the droids we're looking for".

2:27 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home