Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Motivation for fatcats.

Ah, I might as well tell you I am fighting a headcold. This is typical as we are less than one week away from M-day.
I am determined not to come down with it, but the snotty nose is growing snottier by the hour and I am losing the hearing in my right ear.
To counter this I have decided to ignore it. And to ignore it I thought I might just toodle off on what is probably my last real run before Monday. So, to whit.
Fatcat- 15k easy peasy lemon squeezy, slow and bobbly. Listening to new Foo Fighters album, not sure about it really, switched over to Roisin, sure about her.
Ah woosh and bleaugh. No, we will not take any notice.
I can promise you this. Even if I am suffering from bubonic plague, pleurisy and leprosy and I need to carry a bag around with me into which to place the lung I cough up, this marathon will be completed. No puny cold is going to stop me, no sirriebob. Not after this many months of training. Hear that noodleyone? Not that.

Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl!

I'm going to be on holliers come Friday so will miss the big M day for you but I am taking this poignant moment to wish you all the best and I will be with you every step of the way... not literally. Literally I'll be lounging in a French cafe somewhere near Nimes wondering what to have for dinner but you can feel the love right?

7:50 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Gah! I'm jealous. Is everyone going on Holiday this week? MY CG is off for a few days too. But that's okay I get to take his gorgeous poochie out to the park with me.

8:07 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, you have already been doing so great and I'm super impressed (!) with all of your rigid training, so that whatever happens you have already WON the race in my mind ;)
In any case there are still a few days left so you might still be in best form for Monday!

8:15 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Indeed I will do my very best. And if I don't get a channce to say it before Friday, have a very lovely holiday.

8:17 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take Sudafed or Sinutab for a couple of days a decongestant will clear you right up. I was snotty last week but took the above every 6 hours or so and was right as rain in no time. I know you’ll soldier on but you don’t want to dampen your form sweetie plus I hear some people can get quite snotty après le match so desnottalating yourself before hand is probably best. Ohh and GO TEAM!!!

9:06 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Thanks Nonny.

10:05 p.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Yeah FMC, it's better to have a cold now (6 days ahead) than in 3 days time. It'll be gone by Friday and the good thing is it will force you to take it easy. Enjoy the taper!

11:08 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin C, vitamin C. Go buy tablets and get them into you pronto.

11:15 p.m.  
Blogger Sam, Problem-Child-Bride said...

Aquasho and me agree. The cold will force you to take things easy before the day. Your body is primed and trained for this already. There's more to be lost than gained than going at it too eagerly in the last few days. Rest up, fmc. The force will be with you.

7:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lemsip max tablets - does the trick everytime.
hope youre better for the marathon.

10:35 a.m.  
Blogger James McInerney said...

Best of luck FMC. Would love to be doing the Marathon. Maybe next year.

Right now I have a torn muscle in my ass as a result of playing football. I would prefer to have a cold. Can't sit properly.

10:44 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Cheers folks. I am bebungled.
Docky2 The paramour claims he is more or less suffering from the same thing due to being 'forced' to take many kickouts. He is convinced his arse dislocates and reverts in the space of seconds, causing him pain the next day.
It much be a man thing.

10:58 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home