Thursday, March 06, 2008

Happy Ginger Day Chumlies!!

Since the dawn of time there have been gingers. Science persons now firmly believe early man was a total carrot-top (which explains rather a lot in my view)



As such gingers ought to be revered and respected. But they are not.




No! They have been forced to play jester, to remove sun glasses slowly and talk sideways at non gingered folk. Some gingers- it is rumoured- are only one mystic spray tan away from total destruction. And where the cries of 'leave them be?' Why oh why is there no organisation called PETG? Why isn't some dwarf girl from Heros out paddling about a sea of hairdressers and their dreaded bottles of peroxide? Why?
Who can say.



But somebody must say! I will say! Fear not blondies and others, embrace the ginger, cherish it. Get jiggy with it, go on, ti won't bite, not a chance. It's just waiting, like a timid cocker spaniel, waiting, for you to make the first moves, and then it will love the dickens out of you, oh yes.



It occurred to me between rum eleventy-three and rum eleventy-trillion last weekend that folk think Ginger Friday is some kind of inner joke. To this I must protest!

See chumlies, I am a woman of odd taste, and even odder affections, and I find myself charmed into toe curling glee at our most begingered fellow man. For me a Friday without ginger is a sad sort of day, lacking verve and splendor. Who woudl want that? Who would want the alternative. Who wants a Hofferday, or a mingerday? No I and not you surely.




So have at it Chumlies, reflect. I will be away until Tuesday, with Chumley Finn, running about the moors. Scorn not gingerosity, but recognise it for what it is, a throw back to mankind's beginnings, our heritage, this fatcat's oggly googlies.

21 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

A veritable apologia! Tell us, did you consume too many ginger nut bix when you were young?

9:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you're a gingerphile, FMC - that explains so very, very much.

10:01 a.m.  
Blogger Lou said...

My little sister would want a Hofferday, all she wanted for Xmas was a Hoff t-shirt, I can't believe I went to the till in person with a tshirt that said 'I need some Hoffee with my coffee'... *cringe*

I like gingerday, but then again I used to go out with the most ginger lad in Dublin, would mail a pic but have to protect his privacy... ;-)

10:25 a.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

more gingers in socks please........

11:28 a.m.  
Blogger Cycles Goff said...

I saw a goateed and ponytailed Spanish ginger in Madrid on Tuesday.

Fucker sold us the wrong ticket.

Enjoy the Moors.

12:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spanish ginger!? Surely no such genetic monstrosity could exist? They would be permanently sunburnt.

12:17 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Oh yes, Sheepie, Spain is FULL of gingers. A result of maurauding and raping northern gingers coming through in the middle ages, spreading their seed during various crusades.

12:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really Andraste? A friend of mine was in Leon (North of Spain) for a while and he was constantly gawked at by the locals because of his mad gingerosity. Lucky bollix got alot of attention from the seƱoritas...

12:50 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Velly interesting - maybe it's a regional thing. I've met several Spanish gingers...

I will never really know. The chances of me going and seeing for myself are nil.

1:02 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now that I have the proper historical perspective, I'm coming around to the rationality of celebrating all things ginger. You provide an important public service, FMC.

Have a good weekend!

1:57 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gingers - I like their ale and their snaps. As people, and with the exception of Bonnie Langford, I think they're very fine, second only to oatmeal-raisins.

3:14 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy moor-hopping, luvvie!

Watch out for the natives though - don't look 'em in the eyes.

3:16 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Also, the cutest cow of all time, the Highland cow, is more often than not a ginger. Feisty buggers but.

5:22 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question.
Why isn't ginger, ginger?

8:16 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

I remember being in a bar in Spain once and one of the barmen was the most Irish looking ginger you could ever wish to see.

As we got drunker we convinced ourselves of his Irishness so much that someone went up and said:

"Sowhereyafromden?"

And amazingly he said:

"Que?"

Turns out he was as Spanish as Franco having sex with Raul. Irish father though.

12:59 p.m.  
Blogger Twenty Major said...

You cunts.

2:48 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mammoths were ginger also I believe. And many of the hairs of mummies that you see in the National Geeog. I think you might be onto something with this Ginger Theory Of Mankinds origins, fmc.

7:01 a.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

well don't gang up on me but I find Harry a delight to look at. Windsor that is.

4:47 p.m.  
Blogger Pat said...

Ooh BTW I once had a Jewish boy friend and he said that there were more red-headed Jews than any other colour.

4:49 p.m.  
Blogger aquaasho said...

Hope you're enjoying you're running weekend FMC!

9:03 p.m.  
Anonymous Annie Knudson said...

I remember being in a bar in Spain once and one of the barmen was the most Irish looking ginger you could ever wish to see. As we got drunker we convinced ourselves of his Irishness so much that someone went up and said: "Sowhereyafromden?" And amazingly he said: "Que?" Turns out he was as Spanish as Franco having sex with Raul. Irish father though.

3:14 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home