Saturday, November 15, 2008

Motivation for Fatcats dragging their heels and a dietary observation to boot.

Top of the something to you curlies. Later on today it will be my great pleasure to meet up with Grimsbaby, from this very blog, for a spot international lunch. Huzzah for the interweb!
This weeks sees a minor effort increased.
Monday!
Weights- oh yes. Rows, 15k x10 x4
Push press,- 22k x10 x2 and then just because I was feeling pretty darned invincible I racked that baby up to 30k and did a further 8. Heaviest weight on that yet, STRIKE!
52k dead lifts 3 sets of six, I wanted to go up to the sixty but common sense prevailed. I did 120 off the bench dips interspaced with the weight and finished with a 2k run, the last k of which was 5:54, but I know I could have gone faster, so I'm happy enough.

Tuesday- ? Dunno, lazy I guess.


Wednesday-
I walked about 12 miles.


Thursday-
Bitchin' workout.
60 squats using the 6 kilo bar to keep me straight, broken into sets of twenty. Four lengths of the gym doing weighted lunges carrying 10 kilo dumb-bells in each arm, this was interspaced with the squats. ( Hate this)
Weights, cross overs 7.5k x10x 3. Upper back rows on the machine 35kx 10x2, 40k x10
Bicep pull down, 35 kilo x 10x2, 40 kilo x 10.
Full body weight hang, one minute each time, did it four times. This REALLY stretches out those pesky back muscles. Finished off with a 1 k run coming in a 5:15.
20 minutes serious stretching and held the plank for as long as humanely possible 3 times. ( I hate that too)



Gingerday.- a particularly tough session, lots of conditioning. New not Memnoch calls this 'putting us through our paces'. My pace was -2. But afterwards I was surprised to notice I felt dandy. Lower legs are bruised to shit form the heavybag. I don't know why but this always makes me smile.

Dietary observation. Still off wheat, although I DID have two glasses of wine last night. That was it for the hooch, so I'm not overly cross about it. According to my bathroom scales a further 2 pounds slithered from my frame over the last week, this cannot not be due to ANYTHING other than the non eating of wheat. Also it was easier this week not to want any. Again I'm not saying anything good bad or indifferent about it, but I am finding the drop interesting-especially as I am still eating oat and rice and so on.

Labels:

17 Comments:

Blogger Pat said...

2 lbs - lucky you! Have a nice lunch!

11:15 a.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Boy, do I regret the buttered bagel I just ate.

Have fun with Grims!

1:00 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Dang, I want to give up wheat now.

Does the quiche crust count?

4:48 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It does. Sorry darling.
Medbh, Pat, lunch was lovely, the lovely ladies of this blog are just delightful.

6:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I could give today's lunch a high-five, I would.

7:22 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Yay for blogger chumlies!

Btw, FMC, have you gotten around to "Mad Men" yet?

8:08 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Bout 6 episodes in, in love with Draper, even though he is a filthy cad.

10:04 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

Too true, FMC.
Draper is the guy you date or reserve as a fuck buddy.
He's NOT husband material.

My girl-crush on Christina Hendricks' Joan Holloway could not be any bigger.

11:25 p.m.  
Blogger laughykate said...

Warning: disgusting story about to be told.

I was at the pool yesterday, had my swim, having a shower, someone in the cubicle next to me, I look down, and there's SHIT floating down from the next cubicle. SHIT! Never have I got out of a shower so quickly.

Is it just me, or is it really hard to distinguish showers from toilets?

4:15 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

She's one stylish lady.

LK, that IS disgusting! Please tell me a child did it.

10:39 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im back to the running again after too long of a lazy spell. Managed a few 10k runs this week and one 7k run in 30 mins, which I'm particularly proud of considering the beery badness I consumed the previous night.

12:18 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

7k in 30 mins!! Well done, I can only dream of having such gears. I bet you feel terrific getting back into it too.

12:39 p.m.  
Blogger Manuel said...

I'm now paying closer attention to this that previously....

1:01 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Spoken like a man who's winning the battle.

8:53 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just don't think I can do the no wheat thing, it's just too damn tasty. I know, I know, I should have more willpower, but really, hot buttery toast, mmmmmmmmm!
Sorry FMC...

9:17 a.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Buttery toast is normally my downfall too, but rolling into week three now and I'm finding it easier and easier to not eat it.

9:50 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same page layout and design. Outstanding choice of colors!

My weblog ... cash advance business

7:37 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home