Saturday, December 06, 2008

Saturday is frosty.

Ah brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. It is bloomin' cold and I 'ave something of a 'angover. Fie. A pox upon hangovers. All this not drinking malarky has reduced my ability to consume hooch in previously consumable loads, bah!
Anyhoo, my terrible terrible pain aside I have had a most excellent week which I will top off with a 15k run a little later. So hurrah for cures and double hurrah for excellent weeks. I hope everyone else is having an excellent week because that's just the sort of person I am.

Sunday- ran for 40 mins of treadmill. Did 120 dips in set of 30, one armed rows of 15k x2 x10 and then 17.5k x10. walked home in winter sunshine with a 'ain't it good to be alive' buzz.

Monday- late to the gym. ran 1k bursts of 50/50 speed, 10kmp for 50 and 12.5kmh for 50 did 5 of those. Fallumped off treadmill, hung from the bars for a few minutes and then proceeded to do some serious solid stretching for 20 minutes. Walked home. V.Good and v pleased with self. I know once it goes past 6 in the evening it's much harder to convince myself to go anywhere, so when I do go I get the added bonus of self smugment.

OKAY! I rested Tuesday so that I could ace Wednesday. Oh Wednesday, let me tell you about Wednesday.
Filled with trepidation I wandered lonely as a gigantic telly owner to the gym. After a brief warm up of a 1k run I set my jaw in a manly fashion and entered the weights zone
I managed to get my hands on the 12.5 bar ( for once) and collected various weights. While I was assembling said weights, one of the ladies I know wandered over to make small talk.
'What are you planning?' She asked eyeing the collection of metal around me.
'Dead lift, push jerk, dumb-bell swing. All heavy.'
Oh.
And lo it all went like this.
Deadlift 52.5k x8 x2 , 60k x6x2 and 65k x 6x 2. oh fucking yes.

Push jerk. 25k x8 x2, 30k x8x 2, 32x 8x 1, oh fucking yes.

Dumb-bell swings, 15k x 15 x 12 x 10 twice. 17.5 kilos x 15 x 12 x 10 twice, oh fucking yes.

I put all my weights away- because I'm not an inconsiderate ass, set my jaw once more and sat down into the lat/tri/bi pull down machine.
40k bicep pull down x 8, 45x 8 and then 50k x 8, this is the heaviest I've ever EVER managed, so oh fucking yes.
I then went to the chin up bar where I hung for over a minute waiting for my back to hurt less than my blistered hands, when it did, I dropped down and stretched like my life depended on it.
I walked home after my shower and I felt younger and better than I have in years. I know it's fleeting but I don't give a shit.

Thursday well yes, ouch. Lifting my arms higher than elbow height was interesting. And by interesting I mean really very painful.

Friday! Gingerday! Kickboxing! Exclamation points!
Oh how I love kicking the crap out of things. I kicked Non Memnoch very hard indeed because he made us run circuits and then towards the end of one said something really silly like 'come on, put some welly in it' which is like red rag to a bull. So indeed I did, leading to him hobbling off cursing. Margo, my partner said, 'hah, he felt that.' Indeed HAH, take that wellymeister.

The weight training is of course helping a great deal in my over all strength which I am joyously using to pummel stuff. Hand in hand they go.

Dietary observations, no wheat still, no weight change. No bloating, no loss of energy and no heartburn neither. So all good then.

Labels:

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good - can you send some of your positive energy over in an envelope to Edinburgh?
Please.
It's a beautiful day here and I'm about to go for a walk up my favourite hill, Blackford Hill, which is just around the corner from me and where I will have the most magnificent view and the entire city by my feet.
Sun shining, cold but crisp day. Lovely.
But my heart is broken and so non of that matters.

12:33 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Oh darling, my deep sympathy. Horrible to be broken of heart on a beautiful day. If I could make it go away I would.

12:48 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks daahling.
Well, there is still the sun, still the hill to climb, and then wine after that.
Funny though.
Heartbreak.
Have you FMC ever been so hurt that... it actually stops hurting?
You're numb.
That's how I am now.
Numb.
So I will go for my walk, feel sweat emerging, hopefully, then..
More numbness?
Certainly more wine.
I will let you know.
Please tell me you're having the most splendid day!
I read your blog daily and even if I don't comment for months, it's always a highlight for me :-)
Hey, what are the cats up to today..??

12:56 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Years ago, I let some idiot break my heart and I was collywobbled for quite some time after. Then I got over it and decided not to dance with dickheads ever again. They are not worth the time or the pain.
AS for the cats,they engaged in a vigorous game of dodge the hoover. Puddy is winning.

1:18 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Next time I come back to Dublin, will you show me how to do all the kick-ass weightlifting you do? But with Barbie-sized weights, of course?

Holy shit, I jogged this week. Sure, it was only about a mile, and I had to stop because I was afraid one more step would have my bladder bursting, but my legs and lungs felt great. I seriously don't know how these women run all the way through pregnancy just for the bladder issues. I guess they plan a route with bathroom stops at every mile.

Had two brisk 2/2.5-mile walks in the so very cold and icy outdoors on top of that. You'll be happy to know it's snowing again today, though it is quite cold: it's warmed up from an overnight low of -11 to -6 this morning! I was thinking about taking another crack at running today but will probably have to wait for the snow to ease up a little.

1:25 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

I would be delighted, I think all women should hit the weights. Be super careful running, Miss bump, mindout for ice or slipperyness.*




* Is still jealous of snow.

1:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So did Puddy win?
I hope so! :)
I only made it halfway up the hill, still saw Edinburgh. Beautiful today!
Now wine and mashed potatoes, comfort food.
It's shit to get your heart broken by somebody who isn't a dickhead, actually the opposite, and he's doing 'the right thing' and staying with his family - for many reasons.
Only the singleton broken heart here.
Still hurts.
Actually a knife stab would be welcome, would hurt less.
God will it ever go away?
However no kids will be hurt.
So all is good?
Hurrah, never mind me.. :(
More wine.

3:38 p.m.  
Blogger Andraste said...

Am about to do my fist workout since last Sunday. I'll last 20 minutes and 30 lunges before my stomach force me upstairs for eggs and cheese. Pah.

Very jealous of your energy, and discipline with the wheat thing. I'm finding that wheat is in everything I want to eat. Everything. Every day.

I'm writing winter off as my 'fat season.' I guess I need the insulation. Shut up.

Right - off to pick a CD for my workout. I'm thinking...Crowded House.

4:07 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

Poor Eva, as a wise woman once told me, this too shall pass.

Andraste, it has become much easier as the weeks roll on. Initially I found it a bugger, but now not so much. The energy this is connected to it, I'm sure. I don't get that late afternoon crash anymore and because I'm getting hungrier faster, I'm eating smaller and lighter meals more often as opposed to three square. This obviously has played a major role in my not weeping over the toaster. I'll stick with it for another few weeks and see what's what.

4:52 p.m.  
Blogger Megan McGurk said...

The pups had my ass out of bed at 7 but once we were out it was quiet and the light snow falling made it pleasant. Then after our 3 mile jaunt they got to play with all the other puppies in the hood in the tennis court.

6:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy Mackeral, Batman... i ran out of breath after the first couple sentences... :) ... sounds like you are dedicated.... keep on Truckin', mtw

9:54 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

God dman it, I want snow! I am so fed up of hearing how everone else has it. I have frost, oozles of frost, but no snow.

MTW, cheers, and hello.

10:36 a.m.  
Blogger daisy mae said...

i'll trade you our snow (and lousy snow removal) for half of your energy.

started the week with a bang, yoga monday and tuesday, lifted on monday, ran 3 mi on tuesday... then felt a funny pang in my foot. it's still a bother today.... so i took the week off to finish off the schoolwork that has been piling up, and am going to move to the pool and bike for the winter...

i figure if i had to take a running season off, i'd rather it be winter training than any other time!

6:32 p.m.  
Blogger fatmammycat said...

It is harder to get out the door in wingter all right. MUCH harder. Hope your poor foot gets better.

9:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's up, everything is going well here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that's
actually fine, keep up writing.

Here is my website - What Should I Weigh

8:53 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home